Hurley Public Library

405 5th Ave. North, Hurley, WI (715)561-5707

History

The Hurley Public Library was established in 1913. Through out its history, the library has been housed in a variety of locations within the city. In 1991 city officials decided to build a new municipal building in which the library shares space with city administration, the fire department and the police department.

A Library Board of 7 members is appointed by the Hurley Mayor to oversee the operation of the library. The board appoints an supervises a Librarian and works with the Librarian to develop policies, annual budget and other library issues.

The Library's expenditures are provided almost entirely by the City of Hurley.Iron County and state and federal funds are also received. The library has a collection of 24,941 print and electronic materials available to the public.